Role: Family Support Worker
2-year post, 4 days a week
Deadline: Monday 13 February, 9am.
This role focuses on supporting vulnerable children with eczema, young people and their families in Scotland to overcome the practical and emotional barriers created by the condition.
Over 4 days a week, you will aim to provide support circa 70 families across Scotland, including intensive support to 20 vulnerable children and families in the Central Belt. The project’s objective is that our beneficiaries feel supported, become more confident/skilled and more included in their schools and communities. The post-holder will also help build new working relationships with other agencies and healthcare professionals.
Are you great at:
- Supporting children and families living in difficult circumstances or with disabilities
- Understanding families’ needs and being able to empower people
- Building positive partnerships with a wide range of professionals and organisations
- Working on your own initiative as a part as a small team
- Contributing to a caring and supporting organisation’s work and team
If so, then this new role in our dynamic team could be just what you are looking for. Apply by emailing or posting your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the person specifications and why you would like to work with us (details at the end of this pack). This a 2-year post for 4 days a week, funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund. The post is based in Linlithgow though it will involve some travel, mostly within the Central Belt.
Eczema Outreach Scotland is a Scottish registered charity (number SC042392)